The internet can be your friend and provide help and entertainment, but it can also be a dangerous place if you are not cautious when using it. Your safety is essential and very important to us. When using our services, please be aware of our recommendations:
- Teen safety: Teens are an important part of ForeMedia community. If you’re a teen using our services, you must meet the minimum age requirements in your country/region. In addition:
- Know what type of content to film. When filming videos of your friends, classmates, or other minors, remember that they should never be sexually suggestive, violent, or dangerous.
- Remember the “Grandma Rule.” Is your video something you’d want your grandparents, parents, or future employer to watch? If not, it’s probably not a great idea to post it. Once a video has been posted, you never know who might see it. If it’s copied or reposted, you can’t remove every copy.
Prevent dangerous or uncomfortable situations. Don’t post something just because someone else asked you to. Talk to a trusted adult before trying to meet up with an online friend.
- Use the privacy features: We have implemented a range of privacy features. You can also control your privacy using your browser. Make sure you use these features.
- Restricted mode: Screen out potentially objectionable content that you or your family may not want see.
- Suicide and self-injury: If you feel unsafe and need to speak to someone other than your family, relatives or friends, be sure that there is help available out there! If you are in the UK, call 116 123 (Samaritans) or 0800 1111 (Childline).
When in doubt about your safety online please consult some of readily available resources online, provided for free by UK Safer Internet Centre, for example.
On our website, we do not accept content that breaches our principles or these Guidelines. If you come across such content, please report it to us. Please email us at [email protected] to:
- Report a video;
- Report an abusive user;
- Report a legal complaint; or
- Report a privacy violation.